<VV> Fw: Re: Corvairs and smog - Long look at the future & "CARB" !

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Oct 13 06:38:50 EDT 2010

Because operating temperatures of the Corvair does work against the current thinking concerning 'clean air' I will be interested is seeing if the modifications will offer much improvement.  This whole line takes me back to an amusing thing that happened some years back ... maybe fifteen to twenty years ... when a brand new 1919 Buick was found in an old California warehouse ... still in its original packing case.  They assembled it and took it to the California air chamber to show how much improvement all of the controls placed on cars of the day had helped to 'clean' the air.  The Buck passed well within requirements of the day.
Ken P

 "Charles Lee" <Chaz at ProperProper.com> wrote:

Yes !  Exactly my thoughts and why I'm asking so many questions about OBD, etc.

Corvairs are currently exempt from being "smogged" - but how long will "they" let us get a away with that ?

Isn't it ironic though, that the acronym for the "California Air Resources Board" is "CARB" ?

Charlie