<VV> A Blue Ridge Corvair sighting

William Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Wed Oct 13 20:34:28 EDT 2010

Mary Ann and I are enjoying our third annual Fall Blue Ridge Parkway tour (non-Corvair, sorry).   Our original plan was to tour the entire 469 mile parkway and related attractions in 2 one week trips separated a year apart, but bad weather and road construction last year caused us to miss a large section in North Carolina, so we went back this year to complete the journey.

Right after we had completed our "missing link", we passed a white 1963 (I think) Corvair driving northbound just south of Doughton Park.  We waved at it through the open moonroof of our grey Honda Civic (traveling the opposite direction).

I would really love to know the name of the Corvair Driver who capped my three year quest to drive the entire Blue Ridge Parkway.  If anybody knows who this might be, please let me know.

By the way, the weather was great this year, and the colors fantastic.  If you ever get the opportunity, I highly suggest this trip.  Plan on taking at least 10 days to enjoy everything - more if you like camping and hiking.

Bill Hubbell