<VV> Ethanol

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 21:57:23 EDT 2010

"...I would like to put to bed the fears of using E10 in Corvairs..."

Sorry, but for me the fear is real, and the effects known: as soon as  I
could no longer readily obtain non-ethanol fuel, I began to have problems with
 blocked carb idle circuits. The palliative solution was to, about weekly,
remove the idle mixture screws and blow carb cleaner and compressed air
into the  screw ports. Now, over the past year or so, since I began treating
all fuel used  with Marine StaBil for Ethonol Fuels, the blocked passage
problem has gone  completely away... same car, same carbs, same ethanol fuel; the
only difference  is the StaBil treatment. If there are folks out there
using ethanol fuel with no  problems, then God bless you; I hope your good
fortune continues.

Mike Mauro (in humid Florida)