<VV> Ethanol

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Oct 14 22:18:21 EDT 2010

Hi Mike,

I'll add my experience to the pool:

On the '62 and '66 I have no problems as long as the cars are run regularly - at least once a week (I'm aware you drive yours even more).  Sitting for several months is an issue, however, I had the "green gunk" in the '62 carbs I rebuilt a couple years ago after the car sat for a couple projects.  I've also had issues with gas that sat in the tank over the winter in the '66, once it got a fresh tank of fuel it was ok again.  This is in the DC area - well known for its humidity.  Temps aren't really cold by northern standards, we run right around freezing in January and February.  I haven't quite decided on my strategy for this winter, but I'm leaning toward some Marine Stabil with fresh gas in December.

--Bryan