<VV> axle problem; again

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 23:43:13 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/14/2010 3:45:24 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
judynrandy at comcast.net writes:

LIke i said, it all came puking back out all over me at about  3.75 pints.
Also, the diff was bone dry, having been removed for a blown  seal.

So, I just set the car level, pulled the fill plug and let  the excess run
out into a drain pan.  Now,  the dip-stick reads  exactly half way between
the add and full marks.

Anyway, this whole thing is a little strange.  I'm suprised  no one noticed
it before.

Thoughts or comments  please.        Thank you.

Randy Capn Hook

Hi Randy,
OH, sorry. My mistake. I don't know the answer, i guess. But just be glad
that you didn't look in the 1966 Corvair shop manual. It says the capacity
is 4  QUARTS. No kidding.
Regards,
Bob Helt