<VV> Having fun? no Vair

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sat Oct 16 22:14:02 EDT 2010

Having fun with your Twooper ?
Charlie

Hate to admit it..but after bragging that I hadn't been on the "hook"  for decades....

Twooper started Banging bad...sounded like a broken piston / wristpin....  on the hook I went...

Comp test showed #3 & 4  30 psi...???  Pulled head...  loose headbolts!!   Gasket blown between the 2...

And I'd seen this before on my previous Twooper...  PO  had the head rebuilt 30k  before I got it...I drove it 20 k  when it blew...

But it didn't burn thru...pushed coolant!

So I replaced the gasket today....drove it hard 10 miles and put it away...

I'll re-torque tomorrow...and every 15k when I adjust valves.

Sadly, yours cannot be the same...  individual gaskets..

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/