<VV> 64 Spyder Convertible w/ manual top

Tom Berg thesuperscribe at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 03:43:47 EDT 2010

A manual top can't malfunction, leavin' ya exposed to the elements when it turns
cold 'n' rainy. And I'll bet installing the equipment would not be easy (or
would it?). But it's your call.

I've grown to like the manual top on our '64 Monza convert, party because of its
simplicity and also because it adds to the car's quaintness (that's what owners
of some old British sports cars seem to think, anyway). My wife and I can fold
it down (taking care to pull out wrinkles in the fabric) or swing it back up in
just a couple of minutes. Alone, it takes a minute more to move from side to
side.

With that Spyder turbo engine, you'd make up the time quickly as you blow by
those rust-prone Lates, sittin' there a-saggin' by the side of the road, ha ha.

--Tom Berg