<VV> headlight reminder or (NO) fan belt

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Fri Oct 22 13:35:48 EDT 2010

My circumstance occurred when picking up my just-purchased UltraVan, the
poorly adjusted belt blew off during a botched down shift on a steep hill.
The alt light probably came on but I was focused on the missed downshift and
just driving the old girl. I didn't notice the increase in power (new
vehicle) but luckily, my wife was following me and told me that I had black
smoke pouring out the back! It was the belt being chewed up.

In a perfect world, I'd have noticed the idiot light but I didn't so I now
have the loud alarm set up "just in case". It beats a cooked engine miles
from home.

Regards,
Bob
66 180 convertible