<VV> Temperature/Pressure/Fan

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Fri Oct 22 12:36:57 EDT 2010

I agree that the Corvair "idiot" lights are inadequate, especially in
bright light conditions.  I have re-instrumented my LM Monza dash with a
quad gauge (oil temp, fuel, oil pressure, volts) in the center (clock)
position. However, I also want early warning in form of lights.

I deemed oil pressure to be most critical, so I mounted a bright red LED
at the top of the dash between the center and right openings (a
less-bright blue LED is between the center and left openings).

For over-temperature, I will use console-mounted dual CHT gauges with
settable over-limit indication.  The gauges are digital and flash when
the set limit is exceeded.

I considered using the Leveque fan pressure switch (and have one), but
decided that it would come on too often when used on a street car (e.g.
at idle).

Dave Keillor