<VV> Removing pistons - parts orientation ?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 23:34:07 EDT 2010

Charles, Yes, rod bearings worn through the babbit: replace rod
bearings, look on the back, they will say nothing or std, .001, .002
or .010, .020,. If std, mike the crank, to see if a tighter undersize
is warranted to compensate for wear.  If you cannot feel ridges, you
can usually hone the barrels just enough to deglaze, then replace
pistons and rings. Rod cap # to match rod base#, and should point up
installed. It's notch forward, #'s up, and it makes a difference.Mark
Durham