<VV> 83 Month Old Battery

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun Oct 24 08:41:54 EDT 2010

On my cars, I just park them and disconnect the battery.
Very seldom have I had one go dead during the winter.
After 5 months of storage, normally hook up and go.
I have had batteries go longer than 10 years.
Had 72 month batteries last 3 years.

As for a storage facility that starts your cars over the winter.
In my opinion, I wouldn't want my vehicles in that facility.
Just running them to "circulate fluids" is not really good unless they are
run for a half hour or more. Otherwise it just generates condensation. And I
imagine it creates a lot of fumes in that building? I wouldn't want someone
covering, uncovering, and starting my cars. I imagine there are other cars
there as well?
Now you have a high risk of something happening.
Do they disconnect and connect the battery?
Or leave them all attached?
Do they put a cover back on while the car is still warm?
That's not good either..........

Mine I disconnect the battery, let cool, cover and leave until spring.
Been doing it that way for over 30 years, and never a problem.

I don't believe in battery tenders either.

Gary Swiatowy
Your results may vary.........

> From: bowtieguy at cox.net
> Subject: <VV> 83 Month Old Battery
>
> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> My '70 Impala has an 85 month battery, now in it's 83rd month of use.
Winter storage wil soon be here till next
> April. Do I replace the battery now (my storage facility starts the cars
in the winter about once a month) or do I let it ride till next Spring?