<VV> : 83 Month Old Battery

vair140 at aol.com vair140 at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 09:03:45 EDT 2010

I agree with Gary 100%, don't start them unless you drive them, just put the Stabil,  Marvel Mystry oil and gas line antifreeze in and park it.  I slightly over inflate tires and park on wood.  I put in a battery cut off and just flip the switch until spring. Cover when cool.
I'm now on the 6th year on the battery.  Oh yea, I also change oil and filter before parking it

Regards,

Guy Brandes

"unsafe at any speed" for over 50 years!

On my cars, I just park them and disconnect the battery.
ery seldom have I had one go dead during the winter.
fter 5 months of storage, normally hook up and go.
 have had batteries go longer than 10 years.
ad 72 month batteries last 3 years.
As for a storage facility that starts your cars over the winter.
n my opinion, I wouldn't want my vehicles in that facility.
ust running them to "circulate fluids" is not really good unless they are
un for a half hour or more. Otherwise it just generates condensation. And I
magine it creates a lot of fumes in that building? I wouldn't want someone
overing, uncovering, and starting my cars. I imagine there are other cars
here as well?
ow you have a high risk of something happening.
o they disconnect and connect the battery?
r leave them all attached?
o they put a cover back on while the car is still warm?
hat's not good either..........
Mine I disconnect the battery, let cool, cover and leave until spring.
een doing it that way for over 30 years, and never a problem.
I don't believe in battery tenders either.
Gary Swiatowy
our results may vary.........