<VV> Blower Relay

Bill Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Sun Oct 24 09:43:36 EDT 2010

Technically the blower has only one speed (high). The two lower speeds are achieved by switching the current through resistors.  Clark's is technically correct when they say a relay is not "necessary", but it is a good idea to add one to the high speed circuit to protect the heater blower switch contacts. It is not necessary to use a relay for the lower speed circuits as the current draw is much lower already.

The procedure and relay specs were written up in the Communique several years ago and were included in the Tech Guide. If I were at home I would look it up for you; perhaps another kind soul will do that, please?

Bill Hubbell