<VV> Blower Relay

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 24 09:08:46 EDT 2010

I'd be curious what the difference in current draw is between the old motor
and the new . The blower switch carries all that current. The switches are
getting old and they oxidize. More current means more heat at the contacts
which tends to destroy them. A relay bypasses this current; a prudent
installation in any blower motor of the period. Your switch may handle the
current just fine. Maybe not. A check of a voltage drop ACROSS the switch
contacts at high speed should give you some idea as to how the contacts are
working. How much difference? I don't know but 500 mv would give me pause.