<VV> Blower Relay

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 18:40:47 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/24/2010 3:11:13 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
carlton55 at comcast.net writes:

I  was more perplexed that since this seems to be  common knowledge, then
why wouldn’t Clark’s admit that it is necessary to me install the relay
(and  possibly supply one for more money or course).
Carlton

hi again,
Well you might try asking Clark's about that. But my guess would be that
they are going by customer feedback (or lack of it) rather than analyzing the
 application and potential problems...especially as someone pointed out the
 problem of getting a switch replacement if it fails.

But look, Clark's apparently is still recommending non-detergent oil for an
 engine break-in. That's 1960's style oil (API SA rated) without any
additives at  all (or darn few). Why would anyone want to suggest we use a 50 year
old type  oil in our Corvair's just because they are 50 years old (or less)?

Regards,
Bob Helt