<VV> Blower Relay

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 20:31:04 EDT 2010

   Carlton- I have a high out-put heater fan that I got from Clark's 5 or 6 years ago, and have run it succesfully since that time, always
   using the "high" setting when on. I have had absolutely ZERO problems with it, and do not have a relay installed. The reason Clark's
   told you that it is not necessary to run a relay is because it really IS unnessary! I drive my early Spyder 6000 miles per year, and have
   had the heater running full blast for hours at a time.
   I'm not disagreeing with any of the posts on this subject, because it really is a great idea to put a relay in, as you will then be able to
   get the full output from the blower, and also for the reasons others have mentioned. I just have not had any problems with it doing it the Clarks way.
   I honestly believe that the starter switch is much more deserving of a relay than the heater fan, as the hot wire to the starter switch
   has been partially melted on the few that I've looked at, indicating that it cant take that much current for as long as is sometimes needed,
   like when trying to clear a flood.
   Kevin Nash
   63 Spyder, daily driver