<VV> Blower Relay

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Oct 25 10:24:55 EDT 2010

Clark's is correct.  The original switch is of sufficient capacity for the original circuit.  By design, the fuse must be the weakest link in the circuit.  The original circuit has sufficient capacity to operate the new blower without increasing the amperage size of the fuse even though the amperage draw is higher in the later model blower motor.  Therefore, the new motor requirements are not exceeding the design of the original circuit.  The new motor will operate at full efficiency with all the original parts in place.  Now, if the switch has been degraded over time it should be replaced ... as should any and all other  degraded connectors regardless if one changes the blower motor or not.
Ken P

 "Carlton Smith" <carlton55 at comcast.net> wrote:

Hi Bob,

Thanks Bob, but I guess I was not clear with my question. It is obvious to
me that the motor draws more current as was in my last sentence that is
clipped off below here in your response. I was more perplexed that since
this seems to be  common knowledge, then why wouldn't Clark's admit that it
is necessary to me install the relay (and possibly supply one for more money
or course).

Carlton