<VV> Blower Relay

William Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Wed Oct 27 13:16:50 EDT 2010

Harry,

The blower motor is assisted by the engine blower fan. You will not be able to bring fresh air from the front of the car to the engine through the heater ducts if they remain hooked up to the engine shrouding, as the engine blower will still push air forward instead.

As an aside, this is a good reason to leave the hot air heater blower and shrouding installed anyway, even in a hot climate, as it can provide a (very brief) backup engine cooling method in the event of a broken fan belt. You won't be able to go very fast, or very far, using this method, but it might be enough to get you to a service station or at least off a busy highway.

Bill Hubbell