<VV> Anyone have a left headlight bucket (backing plate)?

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 30 11:47:48 EDT 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 05:09:31 +0100 (BST)
> From: Doug Mackintosh <dougmackintosh at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: <VV> Anyone have a Left Headlight bucket (backing plate)?
> To: teduke at embarqmail.com, hmlinc at sbcglobal.net, bryan at skiblack.com,
> chsadek at comcast.net, vairfarm at yahoo.com, vairologist at Cox.net,
> billpier39 at yahoo.com, rhatchell at nc.rr.com, AeroNed at aol.com,
> joshfweaver at earthlink.net, tlhulsey at aol.com, corvairduval at cox.net,
> CORSABILL at aol.com, cowen2 at triad.rr.com
> Cc: Virtual Vairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
> I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of offers to help me get a headlight bucket
> to repair the?damage from?my?deer encounter! Offers came in faster than I could
> respond.?
> For those concerned with my wellbeing, my wife and I were fortunately unharmed
> in the incident - all damage was to?my Corvair and the deer.?Thank you for the
> thoughts.
>
> For those?planning to crawl through brambles and briers to inspect your parts
> for me,?I think you can hold off for now. Looks like shipping will be?pretty
> steep, so I am going to take a couple of days to see if a pickup or relay
> delivery is possible with some of?my closer neighbors (Bill Loftin, Paul
> Whelen?or Barry Owen).
>

> PS, wish me luck with my insurance, expecting to hear how much skin they have in
> the game next day or so.
>
> Thanks! God bless you all!
> ?-- Doug Mackintosh
> Corsa member since 1996
> Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
> Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on

 Doug- I was going to offer you my only pristine one off of one of my parts cars, but unfortunately, I hit a 2 point buck (4 points total!)
last weekend, and now have a serious dent in the left front of my car, as well as ruined trunk lid to deal with. I might have to use
the backing plate I was going to offer you to deal with my "incident"- I'm still so mad about the whole thing I still havent taken off whats
left of the headlight bezel to see if I need to replace the backing plate also. Whats really annoying to me is that I could easily straighten
out most of the dent in the damaged area, if I could just get the trunk lid to unlatch! Anyone have any ideas?

Anyways, very sorry to read about your loss, I understand!
Kevin Nash
63 turbo, daily driver