<VV> New engine possibilities

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 07:50:51 EDT 2010

 Actually, the current pressure is closer to 4000 PSI, and there are composite tanks running as high as 5000 PSI. Depending on the depth, and whether or not you have multiple tanks, one can go a lot longer. Especially if the diver has a rebreather!

Sure, if you REALLY work at it, you can break off the valve. But then again, if you REALLY work at it, you can set the gas tank on fire in a car. In other words, nothing's safe, but SCUBA tanks have a very good safety record.

The compressor probably isn't on board. Obviously, it's probably powered from the line.

John Roberts