<VV> New engine possibilities

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 13:59:26 EDT 2010

Did you guys actually watch the video? The points you have brought up were
addressed.

1: re-pressure can be done at a "station", (of which there aren't any yet)
in a couple of minutes, or you plug in the car to use an onboard compressor
which takes several hours.
2: the tank is carbon fiber, so that there is no shrapnel or rocketing tank
in the event of catastrophe. It just cracks and releases the pressure -
probably blow you down if you're standing nearby.

To me these are not the questions that need to be answered, my questions
are:

1: does this tank of air contain more potential energy than a battery pack?
2: how efficient is the energy transfer - electric to pressure, then
pressure to motion? In other words, how much energy is wasted getting me to
my destination?
3: how much of the energy savings due to the vehicle being under 1000
pounds? there is a lot of legislation that would be required to make one of
those street-legal in the US.
4: and as Ron brought up - what is the longevity of the design? in this
market you won't sell a vehicle that doesn't last 100K.

Lonny