<VV> Removing strud rods on LM

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 1 14:22:28 EDT 2010

If you're talking about the rear lower transverse strut rods in the LM rear
suspension, be advised that they are under a twisting load thru most of
their travel. Take the four bolts loose at the differential case first. You
may need to use the floor jack under the strut near the rear wheel in order
to level the suspension enough to make unbolting easier. Then pry the
bottom of the tire out so that the attach bracket comes free from the diff.
THEN you should be able to slip the strut attach bolts out.

-Mark

on my 66 with Clarks rebuilts. The nuts came off OK. But, the bolts do not
want to budge. There isn't much rust on the nut end (car has not been
street driven since 1976). Is there some trick or are we just talking lots
of fluid and a bigger hammer?