<VV> Theoretical recommendations.

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Wed Sep 1 19:03:53 EDT 2010

When I was in High School, I use to toss a couple of belts a week.  I always
assumed it was because I wasn't putting them on tight enough, so I would put
the next one on tighter.

I was using a crowbar one day and snapped one of the ears on the generator
mount.  When I got back to Corvair in the early 80's and joined (Silicon)
Valley CORSA and CORSAS and learned to tension the belt properly and almost
all my belt problems went away.

I can only think of one belt problem when I daily drove Corvairs from 1984
through 2004 and that belt had 13K miles on it when it let go.  I also had a
belt failure on my Greenbrier right after I bought it.  I had ordered a new
belt and a spare and received them the day before and they were sitting on
my workbench.  Debbie gave me a hard time because she had to go from work to
our house and open up the box and bring me the belt.

dp