<VV> Theoretical recommendations.

Charles Fregeau n5hsr at sprynet.com
Thu Sep 2 07:40:31 EDT 2010

Yep, it was an early 62 (bought on Dec 17, 1961 and the 67,370th produced at
Willow Run for the 1962 model year.)

So one of my theoretical changes is to swap out the original engine for a
later one or just replace the valves with better (stellite faced ones)?
With a later engine, say a 64, I also get the lighter fan and at some point
I get an alternator instead of a generator, too.

The mechanic we had apparently did not know of the stellite facing on the
later valves.  He blamed the need for valve grinding on the lack of airflow
around cylinder #1 causing the valve to burn.

Charles