<VV> Help - Oil Out Dipstick Tube

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 15:58:50 EDT 2010

Guys,

My '65 140-4 Corsa just finished it's rebuild today and on the initial
test drive, the mechanic is getting oil blowing out the dipstick. This
engine had a complete tear-down, including boiling the block, turning
the crank, new bearings, pistons, rings, the works. I'm going to have
him check the PCV, but is there any other suggestions you can pass on
to me for him to check? The car is an hour away from me, and I'm
desperate to get it back for the long Labor Day weekend.  I've read
theories about a too-deep dipstick tube, or small hole in the dipstick
tube to relieve pressure, but that was mentioned specificcally about
EMs. Does it apply to LMs too? Any other suggestions?