<VV> Help - Oil Out Dipstick Tube

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 2 17:08:04 EDT 2010

Jay,
   All dipstick tubes (in Corvairs)  need that small hole close to the crankcase (inner side) to prevent oil from going to the outside. That tiny hole is a must.
You'll need to take off the oil pan to check it. Thinking you can drain a quart of oil (to the add mark) and see if it still blows oil. If it works fine this way then, that small hole could be plugged.

Daniel Monasterio