<VV> Help - Oil Out Dipstick Tube

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 2 18:11:35 EDT 2010

Corvairs have the end of the dipstick tube in the oil for a reason, to keep
blowby fumes from escaping into the engine compartment and then into the
heater.
Short of a rebuild, the "proper" way to deal with this problem is to install
breathers in the valve covers. The way it's "usually" dealt with is to drill
a hole in the oil cap or filler tube and run a hose through a hole in the
shrouds.
The reason it does it in the first place is because of poor cylinder
sealing, either worn rings or cylinder walls or both.  A rebuild would solve
it, but you can drive it a loooong time like that if you add a breather.
Keep your revs down in the meantime.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun