<VV> Salesmen---No Corvair

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Sep 2 16:59:08 EDT 2010

I've been a GM guy since I was born.  Chevy Tonawanda 1000 feet from my back door. Buffalo had 6 Trico Plants, 2 Harrison, 1 Saginaw Axle, and the Tonawanda Foundry.   Now we just have the Tonawanda Plant, where all Vair motors were assembled.   You didn't dare buy a non-GM car because GM put the food on every table in the neighborhood.

NOT ANYMORE----

The 6 Trico Plants went to Mexico, as did one of the Harrison/Delphi plants.  Saginaw Gear and axle (where Corvair Diffs were born) is now just another empty factory. GM sent the jobs of at least 20,000 Buffalo residents to other countries.

I don't like GM cars anymore.  The Trucks are junk compared to Fords, and the cars don't measure up to ANY of the domestic competiton.  The import competiton REALLY makes them look bad.   The last 5 new vehicles purchased by my family have been Fords.  Happy with them all.

Now, I CAN'T buy a GM car, because their biggest stockholder is our government.
Ford---NOT on the government dole, with better vehicles.   Wanda's Alero has almost 150K on it---the replacement will probably be a Ford Fiesta.
Hank