<VV> Help - Oil Out Dipstick Tube

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 2 19:55:38 EDT 2010

Assuming all rings/pistons/cylinder clearances are proper, how about try driving it "very easily" for awhile with the intentions of getting the rings to seat better. Don't be in such a mad rush to get the car back to ricky race around (it is a Corsa 140 right?). Is your mechanic a "Corvair" type guy (meaning he is familiar with the peculiarity of an air cooled engine)? If all else fails, then I might be looking to shorten the engine oil dipstick tube where it goes into the crankcase. Just R + R the oil pan again. Best of luck.
Timothy Shortle in (beautiful) Durango Colorado