<VV> Help - Oil Out Dipstick Tube

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 2 21:10:52 EDT 2010

Along that line after an engine rebuild and before actually taking the car
for a ride....(oh, too late for THAT).

Run the engine 45 minutes or so and change the oil and filter.  Vary the
RPMs while running but probably not over 3 grand.

Run the engine again for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and change the oil and filter.
Again, vary the RPMs - but don't get crazy toward the high end.

Drive the car 200 or so miles and change the oil and filter.

Drive the car 500 or so miles and change the oil and filter.

Should be good to go by then.

Later, JR

PS... Oh the oil should NOT be synthetic - just a good multi-weight - dead
dinosaurs.  What did he use?

Should be able to go to synthetic on the first regular oil change after
another 2,000 to 3,000 miles.

PPS....  Run the tests Bob Helt suggested before you even bother with what I
just said above.