<VV> Our Friend Jay::::::::::::::

Danforth West bonanz01 at myfairpoint.net
Fri Sep 3 16:03:28 EDT 2010

I just watched Jay Leno's Corsa video for about the
20th time, and I have to say I think he might have done
us an UNINTENTIONAL dis-service.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this guy! And he loves 'Vairs!

It's just that he says two things during his WUNNERFUL
presentation which I think may have caused a problemo or
two for the rest of us......

First off, he says "I see Corvairs on E-Bay all the time for
$2,000 -- $3,000" The viewer is left to assume that you may
purchase a driver-quality Corvair in that price range, needing
no work to function daily.

Second of all, he states that you may obtain "a really nice
Corvair for UNDER $10,000". This leads the viewer to assume
that if he pays MORE than $10,000 then he is over-paying.

The upshot of all this is that potential Corvair owners are led to
believe that even a SUPERB Corvair is only rarely worth more
than $10,000.

Since his Garage segment, I have noticed a fairly large decrease
in the bids offered for even what appear to be very nice examples,
and I fear that the Public at Large seems to feel that there isn't a
Corvair on the market worth more than about Five or Six Grand or
so. I check-out E-Bay at least twice a day, and I see what appear
to be some better-than-decent cars NOT selling and receiving what
I consider to be INSULTING bids!

I just think that the potential Corvairistas have been lead to believe
that 'Vairs ain't worth Dog Poop!

What do YOU think?

I like Jay a lot, but I think he may have screwed-up here.................

Or am I full of it?

Oh, and no DOG in my household at present, and I don't own a "Scooper".....

And PLEEZE don't kill the Messenger, okay?

Danforth West
Bangor, Maine USA
1966 Corsa Turbo (running like a Champ)
NOT for sale any time soon..........