<VV> 1962 vair

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 3 17:48:02 EDT 2010

Hi Eric, Welcome to V V and the quick answer to your question is the
oil cap is not correct. A Corvair oil cap has no ports, vents, holes
of any sort. The proper oil cap provides a leak proof tight fit and
there should be no seepage or fumes coming from the cap or the oil filler tube.

Chuck Armer
////////////////////////////////////////////////////

At 05:39 PM 9/3/2010, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>    I am new to all this so please bare with me. The guy I got the
> car from only had it a short while so I cannot ask him much about
> some of the funky things I seem to have.  Does anyone know why
> there is a valve of some kind in my oil cap? No hoses just this
> valve with 2 ports. I seem to get a small amount of oil on the
> engine like a lite film. Could this thing be the culprate? The car
> runs great or seems to anyway. Is this a major problem brewing?
>                        Thanks

CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member
Corvair Atlanta Director