<VV> 1962 vair

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 17:52:14 EDT 2010

Eric, welcome to VV and the Corvair community. You will find lots of help
here. I would suggest a picture of your engine compartment is in order, or
at least a pic of the cap area. So we can see the issue. There should be no
holes in the cap and it will mist oil if there are openings there. I would
replace the cap.

I have a 62 Coupe, 4 speed, 102 HP, which is original and standard config
accept I added a alternator to the car.

What other problems are you having?
Are you used to Corvairs?  They are a different animal, and what may seem a
strange noise may be typical for the air cooled engine. But then, many of
the ailments of other cars, carbs, transmissions, differentials, clutches
,wheel bearings, etc, are typical of most older cars.

Mark Durham.