<VV> Salesman/Tonawanda

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 4 13:05:16 EDT 2010

You expect manufacturing plants to "have a sense of history?" Think if
someone made the same request of you on your house. Then imagine how much
effort it would be to document every significant event that has happened in
and to your house. Include documentation and pictures.

That is why industrial plants seldom keep or even document such things.
Only events that will show that they are progressing, growing, etc. and
only because it makes good PR for promoting themselves to potential clients.

I don't blame car makers for such "lack of foresight". But since the auto
IS part of our history, and even MAKES history, it's IS disappointing.
Heck, I'm sorry they destroyed the records of what they built (at least in
the US - the Canadians apparently had more foresight.)

-Mark

Powertrain