<VV> Car-Music

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Sep 4 16:53:34 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/3/2010 11:05:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
n5hsr at sprynet.com writes:

I still  have a lot of Dad's old 78's.  Sometimes I work on trying to
transfer  them to more modern media.

Charles Fregeau

Charles - Just in case you need it - I noted something while  listening to
XM Radio, on one of the classic rock channels, classic  vinyl. They have a
between-songs promo mentioning back when the music came  on records. In the
background was the sound of the needle riding in the groove,  with an
occasional pop, click, etc. They always let it run onto the first  10 or so seconds
of the next song so that it sounds like it is being played on  vinyl. (PS,
it isn't) So if you transfer all those old 78s to your digital  "Iplod" and
the system you use "cleans them up" during the transfer, you  can always add
the "vinyl" sound effect later. The real trick thing would be to  tie-into
the Ipod's internal gyroscopic sensor, and make the misic playback  skip
when you move it around too fast.

Okay - It is Saturday, and I am turning off this computer to go out and
work on a Corvair!  - Seth