<VV> Car-Music

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sat Sep 4 17:05:09 EDT 2010

I've been transferring 45s and LPs to digital for about 10 years (lots and
lots of them), including "My Little Corvair" by the Newbeats (actually
"Tough Little Buggy" on the "B-side" of "Bread and Butter")

Sometimes the 'vinyl sound adds to the personality of the songs, if it's not
too bad.

I've even recorded this "noise" to add to CDs (1st and last tracks) to
remind me that the songs on it are vinyl, not CD, since mine are extremely
clean and I never use "cleaner upper" software, that removes some audio that
is NOT noise !

I digitally edit the tracks if there is something particularly annoying.

Sometimes the CDs that you buy can be recorded from vinyl ("AAD" is not
necessarily from tape)  if they did not have access to 'cleaner' originals.
I've spent over an hour cleaner the vinyl, then digitally editing the tracks
to get something that is not available elsewhere.

Now I can just click on it (or make a playlist) without the drudgery of
finding it, putting it on a turntable, then putting back, and doing the same
thing 2-1/2 minutes later !

It's all part of the Corvair era's mystique !

Charlie