<VV> Leak from PG

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 4 15:00:07 EDT 2010

Not for show cars, but I seem to recall a tip in tech guide 1 using a length of gas hose, RTV, and 2 or 3 hose clamps.  I think there was a latter one in tech guide 2 using some sort of shrink wrap (tape?) which seemed slightly more elegant.

The usual problem is the original cable casing splits near the tranny.  When the torque converter leaks down and fills the tranny, the fluid will leak out of that split.  I've not had a PG car in nearly 20 years, but I think there is also an O ring (seal) where the cable end enters the tranny.  Probably a good idea to replace that as well.

I do not have tech guide 3, so don't know if there has been further tips regarding this issue.

Hope you don't mind, I sending this back to VV as others might have additional insight.

Later, JR