<VV> PCV by model year; Was: 1962 Vair

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Sun Sep 5 11:08:00 EDT 2010

<Anyone know what year the PCV system was made standard equipment on
Corvairs? >

I hope someone who knows the definitive answer to this question will post
it here.  Until then, here is what I believe off the top of my head:
Positive crankcase ventilation was standard on CA cars beginning in 1961 and on
all other U.S. cars in 1962.  For model year 1963 only, the crossover tube
connecting the two air cleaner housings on a Corvair contained a clip to
hold on  the PCV assembly.  I recall at the SCG (stock Corvair Group) event at
the  Ventura convention looking over a stock, low mileage orginal '61 car
assembled at the CA plant that had PCV.

~Bill Stanley