<VV> Corvair Value - Jay Leno "influence"

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Sep 4 14:14:14 EDT 2010

All
Just some rough numbers on my 65 Monza---
Body work @ 18.00/hr (the "Friend Rate")
7900.00  (all bondo and paint removed, all dents dollyed out, all lines
right. prep from bare metal up--2 coats acrylic primer, 3 coats base
primer.)

Paint work @ 20.00/hr (also a "Friend-former customer rate")  1300.00
Dupont high line paint, (Not Nascent) Base/clear coat, 4 coats of clear.
And when the pictures are posted in a few weeks you will agree that I got a
20K paint/body job for less than 9500.00

Once the custom upholstery is done, and the car is finished I'll have about
20K in the car.

Now I'm the biggest prophet in my dealings with customers to tell them
"NEVER EXPECT TO GET EVERY DIME OUT OF YOUR CAR THAT YOU PUT INTO IT".
It's just not logical to expect it.

But if you have 20K in mechanical, paint/body, and interior,  Is 10K too
much to ask?   I'm not selling mine, but I believe it's worth that much.
Every nut and bolt replaced. All systems rebuilt. Better than new.

Can't buy a new car for 10K.

Hank