<VV> Corvair Value - Jay Leno "influence"

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 5 16:39:58 EDT 2010

Remember Seth, You are a self proclaimed cheapskate. My father said 30+ years ago houses in the neighborhood would never be worth over $100,000. He was also a self proclaimed cheapskate having lived thru the Depression. He paid $30,000 for his 5 bed/4 bath house on an acre with a 360 degree view all the way to the Pacific Ocean. This same property is valued over a million TODAY. And just because someone is willing to pay over 10K for a Corvair does not mean he is unwilling to be a Corsa member. I am a member. I drove my '69 Monza Convert. #2891 over 4,000 miles last summer to and from Jax. Would I lose my shirt today if I sold it (like you are hoping as per your post)? Maybe. But I don't want to sell it as it is a fairly low mile (28,000) well optioned very rare car that there are not a lot of left.Did the gentleman in Las Vegas that bought Finn Halbo's '66 Corsa Turbo Convert. get ripped off? I don't think so. I offered Finn 10K for the car in Ventura but it sold for just a bit more. Just my 2 cents worth, if anyone wants to pay for it.
Timothy Shortle in (picture perfect) Durango Colorado
Just got back from a 100 mile trip with my wife in #2891- TOPLESS (the car, boys)