<VV> "Savvy Marketing" / Disdain for.....

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 6 11:07:21 EDT 2010

Here we have an example of two different sets of moral values. (Remember
that when discussing any related political issue, such as "legislating
moral values", etc.)

For what it's worth, I have to say that while Matt may be "right" (as far
as pure capitalism goes) in "charging what the market will bear", his
tactic just doesn't sit well with me. In that respect, Byron is correct in
questioning Matt's moral scruppels. Sure, the parts *may* be worth big
bucks to the newbie, but to not cut him some slack and ask the lower price
of him is, IMHO, really questionable at best - and an outright ripoff at
worst. Just hope for Matt's sake that the newbie doesn't ever find out, nor
would bear a grudge and a large caliber revolver.

Any further debate on the "values" (or should I say, evils) of pure
capitalism should go to VVtalk.

-Mark

Matt,
> and probably never will, although I've appreciated many of your responses
on
> this forum. But to take advantage of someone "just starting out" for an
> additional $385 over what you honestly believed the product to be worth
is not
> "market savvy," it's unscrupulous, and in my humble opinion, immoral. So
if we
> meet sometime at a convention, remind me to count my fingers when we
part, if
> I've been foolish enough to shake your hand.
>
> Byron Comp
> '64 Monza Vert
> Gainesville, FL
>
> When asked "What I WANTED for them?"    I stated $500...  He.offered.350
...me..475...he..$400...me...nope....he...425...me...nope.....he $425

> me...nope...he  "well I won't go over $450!"...me..."that's sad... $460
would take them..."..and he did...gggg

> You have to remember... we are 100 miles from a large city.....having 4
complete...guaranteed straight wheels....worth a lot.

> I sold several items for what the people's 1st and ONLY  offer was, but
only  as they walked away...

> Just a game to me..
>
> note: the reason  I was willing to let them go cheap is their weight!!
28lb. each...and only   2  old Poncho's running around town...

> and... for reference... I've bought 3 sets of wheels lately....not
showtime.....  $180 /280 /290, with shipping to  here...