<VV> Wonderful weekend

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Mon Sep 6 18:45:29 EDT 2010

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. We certainly did. The weather has been gorgeous, dry and cool in the evenings and warm days with no rain (although we desperately need it).

Although I didn't get to race or attend any races we did drive the 67 vert and went to several nice local car shows and cruise ins. Today was the big one put on by the local club, the Golden Oldies at the state capitol grounds here in Charleston, West Virginia. There were over 350 cars and we had three Corvairs including mine. Lots of foot traffic and Q&A on the Vairs. No new stories to report though.
The local TV station, Ch. 8 WCHS had a camera guy roaming around and he turned out to be a car (young) guy. The Royal Plum vair caught his attention and we struck up a conversation. He asked intelligent questions about the car. He mentioned he needed to find someone to do his interview for the show. Well wouldn't ya know it, I volunteered. We set up the shot with me sitting in the driver seat while he asked the questions. We did about 20 minutes or so. He said it was a great interview. I think he was just happy he found someone who wasn't camera shy and had most of his teeth!
It was just on the 6:00 edition ( I recorded it ) and was on the noon piece before that. Of course it was about a 45 second sound bite to go with the piece on the show.
As we were getting ready to leave the TV guy came back and did some more shots to do a longer piece about the show. That will air later.
I have the recorder set for the evening shows.

On the way home we stopped at the local Sonic drive in for supper. It seemed like the traditional thing to do. We were the only classic car there too.

Rick & Janet Norris