<VV> fuel tanks & Nader

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Tue Sep 7 20:39:12 EDT 2010

My junior & senior year of high school, I owned a Chevy 55 series one pickup
with the gas tank behind the seat in the passengers compartment. A 63
Corvair Monza with the gas tank behind the front suspension with a fire wall
between the passenger compartment and the tank.  And a 70 Ford Maverick with
the top of the gas tank being the floor of the trunk.

Looking back now, the Corvair had the best fuel tank location, the pickup
was probably next safest and the car that was 15 years newer than the truck
and seven years newer than the Corvair probably had the most dangerous fuel
tank.  I ended up selling the truck and the Corvair and put 205,000 on the
Maverick and sold it after it got hit.

I've had an identical Corvair, but I never should have sold the truck!!!

dp