<VV> Two fixes in one day, Gas tank filler Grommet/ash tray!

Robert Hawes robert.hawes at mac.com
Tue Sep 7 20:13:12 EDT 2010

Red letter day! Two small but bothersome fixes yesterday on the
Monzair. First was the "loose" gas tank filler tube. Had to get the
rubber ring (grommet?) back in place around the base of the filler
box. Apparently the front fender had been repaired in the past and the
grommet had never been put back correctly. My old bicycle repair days
came in handy trying to get that sucker back where it belonged (flat
head screw driver and a lot of prying). No more floating filler tube!

The second issue some others may find helpful. My ashtray door was
askew when I bought the car several months back (and probably since it
was installed in 1965/4). There is a holding bracket on the underside
of the radio that attaches to the back of the ashtray assembly. The
bracket has slotted holes and was in the topmost part of the slot
causing the ashtray "spring" to bump against the radio bracket when
the door was fully closed. By moving the bracket to utilize the
bottom of the slots it created room for the ashtray spring to clear
the bracket when the door is closed. A little thing but no longer
annoying me!!!

Bob Hawes

65 Monza 140 PG

Pics: