<VV> Enforcing 100% membership; Was: CORSA book balancing

tim mahler flat6vair2 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 7 22:20:24 EDT 2010

The net effect of 100% membership in CORSA is 50 non-members would join and
50 current members would quit. CORSA memebrship would remain the same -- or
decline.

For the Chapters -- they would lose 40-50% of their "official" members --
chapters would fold.
For CORSA -- a very good pool of potential members is lost.  CORSA loses as
well as the chapters.

I put "official" in quotes, because many nonCORSA members may well stay on
the Chapter roles, but as honoary or newsletter only members -- not
"official" voting chapter members -- so they "don't count"    happens.

Locally, when the SCCA started requiring all participants to be members --
offering "weekend memberships"  numbers locally dropped 25% in one locale,
and the other dropped the SCCA.  SCCA is 100% now, but the numbers are
lower.  Could also be the economy, at least for the one locale with lower
numbers. Difficuly to separate the two as they both happened at about the
same time.

The $3 concept is being discussed.  Has merit -- shares expenses, without
requiring anything extraordinary.  A nice compromise, in my opinion.

CORSA is still working on OPTIONALLY collecting dues on behalf of the
chapter, for those chapters wanting such an option.

tim mahler
the "old" president.