<VV> Naysayers

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 8 18:47:24 EDT 2010

Chuck,

I guess you have me included in there somewhere.  I will remain a CORSA
member whether my local stays or goes.  Some of our local members have been
with the local for 40 years, so they were there when the original rules were
set up and may indeed have had a say in what those rules were to be.

Personally, I'm a late comer to Vairs as I did not arrive on the scene until
1978.  I think I joined CORSA in '80 - maybe earlier, not sure.  I had
nothing to do with the original constitution, but several in our local did.

Some of the proposed ideas on these issues have been discussed at local
meetings - with a show of hands on various proposals.  My take on those
straw votes was that the charge to cover insurance expenses would have the
best chance with the most people.

If the issue gets forced to the point of the local choosing between allowing
(nearly) life long friends to participate with the local club or not because
of a change to the CORSA rules, I'm not real sure what the outcome would be.
I know that it would not be pretty - which ever way it goes.

Later, JR