<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 68, Issue 55

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 16:13:39 EDT 2010

>I would probable check every new filter from then on :-[

This is SOP for any oil filter change (or purchase)  -- one simply
checks the filter for correct threads, crimp, and gasket(s),
automatically -- nothing new, it's been that way for years.

Both the Clark's and Wix filters are generally available, and at
reasonable cost for a quality product -- doesn't mean you don't check
them.  Yes, I agree that keeping a couple on hand is a good idea.

SOP -- Standard Operating Procedure -- checking for correct threads on
any fastener is almost obligatory these days, unless you like return
trips to the supplier.

Bill Strickland