<VV> 1967 Monza Park Brake web pages updated

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 9 09:25:11 EDT 2010

People have occasionally ask me why the '69's clutch cable or front brake
cylinders were changed just for so few cars. My answer is that after the
"cease development" edict in '65, they were still assigned every year X
dollars for meeting safety and smog regulations. By '69 they probably had
done pretty much all they could do, but still had X dollars assigned to the
car for the year. So they spent it on pet projects that they had wanted to
do all along. Who knows how long such improvements like the clutch cable
had sat on the shelf awaiting funding? Maybe we would have had them (and
more?) sooner had they not capped spending on the car like they did back in
'65? As you say, engineers never stop engineering. It's why every year the
Corvair just kept getting better and better (engineering-wise).

-Mark

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/