<VV> Un-Documented Changes - Registry ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Thu Sep 9 13:01:51 EDT 2010

Do we have any central 'library' of these un-documented changes, that we
discover as we try to work on a car that doesn't match the manual for some
reason ?

If a member has, or knows of, a Corvair that is off-spec, we could use the
VIN (+ plant) to help owners know what to expect on their particular car ?

I had a Monza 140 4-speed (#3328) but I wasn't aware of the 1969 clutch
cable mod, and maybe it was not on all 69 models ?

If I had tried to work "blind" using my fingers to  "see" the park cable
pulley, I would not have been able to figure it out !
It looks like they ran out of the stamped pulley bracket, and just bent a
flat strap to fit in its place ?

The design of this pulley bracket seems to work just as well, and less
expensive to make, so were they cutting corners until the next 'bracket  of
money' became available ?

I noticed the the brake line doesn't even come close to fitting into the
bracket that is there, ostensibly for that purpose ?

Charlie
1967 Monza 110 PG