<VV> Thoughts RE: CORSA Membership:::::::::::::::

Danforth West bonanz01 at myfairpoint.net
Thu Sep 9 11:28:45 EDT 2010

Just off the top of my head...............

1) Highest $ rate for CORSA membership to be for those
who do not, due to geography like me, belong to a local
chapter. First year discount for newbies, maybe 25% or so.....

2) Discounted $ rate for CORSA membership to those who
belong to a local chapter -- to be collected by the chapter
and forwarded to CORSA. Perhaps a 25% flat discount
if you're a local chapter member.

3) A bounty to be sent to or kept by local chapters for each
new member to be applied to membership promotion. More
new members = more $$$ into the chapter's bottom line =
an incentive to actively recruit even non-Corvair owners. Don't
have to OWN one to LUV Corvairs......

4) Discounts for participation in national and regional events
for CORSA members. These ought to be large enough to
encourage on-the-spot recruiting. Don't exclude non-members,
just make it worth their while to join-up......

5) (...this is for the chapters) Lower-cost associate memberships
for those who are a little too far away to regularly participate in
club activities. In your geographic area, but not practical to "Be
There" more than once a year, if that.....

The "Top Rate" might need to be adjusted upwards a little, and I
would ante-up in a minute if I felt it might lead to a stronger and
more stable CORSA. The structure needs to provide obvious
benefits in order to make possible the 100% CORSA membership
ideal. The chapters have nothing to fear if everything is honest and
logical and straightforward.

Ben Franklin: "We must all hang together or we will most
assuredly all hang separately."

Dan West
Bangor, Maine USA